Friday, April 30, 2010

Fun Times

A couple afternoons ago it was beautiful out. I took Greta to meet some old friends and their babies from a mom and baby group I used to be in. It was fun to see how much all the "babies" didn't look like babies anymore! We used to be able to just sit on a blanket with our babies and chat with each other...but this time we had to chase our (nearly) toddlers around while trying to keep up our conversations.
I think Greta had a fun time on this outing. There were many children to be around, interesting structures to climb on and lots of balls at the park. Greta was quick to spot balls that other children had brought...we did bring 2 of our own, but of course the other balls were more appealing! :-)
Jelly-faced Greta! This is what happens when Matthew stays home with her while I'm at work :-) I guess the other day she even smeared the peanut butter from her sandwich all in her hair and he had to give her a bath after lunch! (she HATES baths, so this was quite a traumatic end to lunch and transition to nap...)
Speaking of mealtimes...we are beginning to notice she has developed quite a system of dropping food onto the floor that she doesn't want to eat. Any food that "offends" her is immediately brushed or dropped onto the floor until her tray is completely clear of it! This is no longer an experiment in cause and effect: she knows what will happen. We will need to gradually discourage her from this behavior, I suppose! The little stinker!
And speaking of stinkers...she has gotten used to us laughing whenever she belches or passes gas in any way. So now, when she does it, she laughs as well! (I suppose we'll need to eventually discourage this too?...but it's too cute!)
Someone else's ball again!
Papa took this picture of her today when they visited our neighborhood park. I guess lots of "little old ladies" came up and told Matthew how cute his daughter is :-)

Interesting find!
She loves the little pebbles at this park, and often distributes them along the wooden beam.

Greta has so much fun at the park! Matthew told me that today after he got her ready for the outing he said "Ok, let's go to the park" and she went right to our door and started banging on it--all ready to leave!
Poor Matthew is usually the only man at the park when he brings Greta there in the mornings. I guess none of the mothers or nannies there talk to him!
Another morning this week Matthew took Greta downtown to the art museum. It turned out to be not so fun, though. By the time they got there she was tired and hungry. So the visit was short. It was all about the journey, I guess! Here she is on the Canada Line (subway).
Waiting for the Canada Line!
On the bus!
Looking through her book of photos.

Today I taught Greta "So Big!!!" (My mom will be proud--she used to do this with my sister and I!) Greta got it pretty quickly. When I showed Matthew for the first time he just chuckled and said "Oh that's TOO CUTE!" We tried to capture it on video...

2 comments:

Judy said...

I love the jelly face!

melissa said...

i feel like i always leave the same comment, but...she is so cute!