Wednesday, February 10, 2010

First Steps!

Today, at just over 10 months old, Greta took her first steps. She's actually a bit sick today, so it's kind of strange that it happened. We were in her room and she saw a picture of Matthew and I on the wall and she took 3 steps to it on her own saying "Dada"! We'd been trying to get her to walk to us for the last couple weeks--but she always ends up crawling, so this was quite unexpected. Afterwards I tempted her into taking more steps by offering her my phone, and later Matthew got a few more steps out of her as he tempted her with his i-pod. So much for the classic first steps into mama or papa's arms! She wants the electronic devices.

Another update: I now have my job situation figured out. I will be working a little over part time for a family with 2 children: one girl about Greta's age, and a boy who is in preschool. This will probably increase to more hours in the fall. The family is so nice and they live right near the seawall in Vancouver, so it will be especially fun over the summer--they have absolutely no problem with me bringing Greta along! Also, I just began writing curriculum for a nanny organization that offers online courses for nannies from overseas--I can do this from home, and I will likely be teaching a college level early childhood education course at a Vancouver area college this spring. This is all such a blessing, and, paired with Matthew's internship at St. John's Anglican Church, we feel very well taken care of, encouraged and happy about our life here in Vancouver and excited about what's in store for the future.

2 comments:

Deanna said...

So great to hear! Blessings upon blessings!

melissa said...

congratulations on the job, megan! i can't believe greta is walking already too!!