Saturday, February 27, 2010

A Day in the Life

Good morning Greta! On most mornings, when Greta wakes up around 7, we bring her into bed with us to snuggle for a bit :-) Greta is usually pretty squirmy and excited to be awake!
Playing music with Papa! This morning we turned on a Motown cd from the library and we were all really into it. Alongside the cd we played Greta's instruments and all bounced around to the beats.
After a great morning and a big lunch, Greta slept for about an hour. Usually when she wakes up from nap we give her a snack. Here she is with her rice cake--which she loves--and her new cup with water and a tiny bit of juice in it. Greta is really into her cup. She has figured out how to get the liquid out of it and she can really suck it down! When she's upset lately, she cheers right up if I give her the cup :-)
In the afternoon we went out again. This morning we went out for a Saturday treat of muffins and coffee and tea, and this afternoon we went to the bank for laundry money--how exiting. After the bank we went for a little walk. Many of the trees here are already blooming and the birds are full of songs!
For dinner tonight we had homemade pizza. Before dinner we had crackers with goat cheese as an appetizer: Greta loved this. Here she is with goat cheese all over. Oops...I forgot to put her bib on.
All ready for bed!
Greta still only has 2 teeth! But we still need to brush them :-) She often tries to suck on the toothbrush...she likes the orange flavored toothpaste.
Night night Greta! Greta goes to bed at night very easily (naps are another story). After a long day of fun, she is ready for some rest in her cozy bed.

The last couple of weeks have been quite a whirlwind. We went to my Nanny's (great granmother's) funeral in Spokane...an 8 hour drive. Actually, I didn't actually get to go to the ceremony because I was very sick the whole time. But, I did get to see some family that I hadn't seen in many years, so it was worth it for that. Also, this past week I started my new nanny job where I was allowed to bring Greta. Greta had quite an opinion about that: she cried much of the time we were at the new house, and for various reasons the family decided it was not the right match (I know they were right...). So, I'm back to the drawing board with finding a solid income. And it looks like a Greta-friendly nanny job might not be the answer. I will keep you updated on how the search progresses, but in the meantime I at least have the curriculum development work I can do from home. Working from home is hard to fit in with a baby, though!!! She's about all the work I can manage sometimes :-)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

sorry to hear about your job!! What happened?

t h e G l e s s n e r s said...

Oh Meg - thats sounds stressful with the job. I'm praying for you guys.