Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Beach Day

Much to the dismay of the Vancouver 2010 Winter Olympics organizers, the weather here has been mild and beautiful lately. So on Sunday we decided to head down to the beach for a bit. Here is Greta looking ADORABLE (if I do say so myself), all ready for the outing. I recently went through a box of Greta's "bigger girl" clothes to see if she could fit into any of them yet...and it's a good thing I did! We almost missed the window of opportunity for her to wear some really cute items, one of which is this adorable hat Nana Judy passed down to us.
If you look closely you can actually see Nana Judy in a photo in the background. About a month ago I printed off a bunch of pictures of Greta with the many special people in her family, and put them down low on the walls of her room covered in clear contact paper. She loves looking at the pictures...but here she's loving looking at Papa.
At the beach.
Sticky sand on the hand! Only once did she attempt putting sand in her mouth...
Our little sunshine!
Greta loved this big log--I think she could have sat and studied it for a good long while. It had such interesting textures on it.

We were such a sight at this beach: we each had our cameras and Matthew also brought the video camera! What a first born she is.
Papa and Baby.
Ready for night night after a busy day.
These pjs say "I will make a difference" on them. What a fun thought :-)

3 comments:

Deanna said...

What a great idea with the contact paper! I'm always worried about leaving picture frames where Nora could get to them while I'm in the other room. I'd hate to see her hurt herself but she LOVES looking at pictures of her relatives!

Judy said...

so sweet!

melissa said...

aww, those pj's are so cute!