Monday, September 21, 2009

On the Move

Climbing on Papa, and smudging his glasses!
Here's Greta moving around in her room. Do you see the determination in that face? She wants to get places! She now gets on all fours and rocks--preparing to propel herself--she's almost officially crawling. We need to baby proof our home!
Greta got herself over to this little side table in her room and decided to take most of the books off of it!
She rolled herself from the middle of the room to underneath her crib in no time. We are noticing she likes to roll herself under things. Don't worry, we'll get some cord covers on that outlet soon.
Stories with Papa! I tried to get a good photo of this, but as soon as she saw me with the camera she got distracted. She had been intently following this story Matthew was reading her when I came home from my jog--it was so cute to see them together like that.

Greta is so focused and really pays attention to things. Last week I took her to a parent/infant group all about the library. There was a librarian there doing a demonstration about books for babies and Greta paid such careful attention! The librarian and the other facilitator kept commenting on how she was really watching and following everything so carefully.

Starting tomorrow Greta and Matthew will get some extra one on one time together as I am going back to work 10 hours a week. I will be doing lessons with the children I used to work with, Tues-Fri in the afternoons. Fortunately I can bring Greta with me half the time--and then the other 5 hours of the week she will stay with her Papa. It should be a great time for the two of them...provided Greta can handle 3 hours without nursing!!! I'm a little anxious about that, but I'm sure we will all adjust eventually.

We have been busy lately! Greta had her first swimming lesson last week. She did really well, even though the water made her chilly. She even went under water a couple times! Also, we went down to Washington for a couple days to visit Grandpa Paul--he was in Seattle for some job training. Greta also got to see her Grandma Linda and Grandpa Dan, as we all stayed at their house for one night. It was nice to visit and give Greta some bonding time with her grandparents. She is so loved by so many people! And rightly so :-)

2 comments:

Judy said...

Thank you for the new pictures. I never get enough of them!

melissa said...

i love these pictures! i'm sure she'll be crawling the next time i see her.