Friday, September 4, 2009

5 Months Already!

Today Greta turned 5 months old! Time is sure flying by, just like everyone said it would. Greta is getting ready to crawl. My prediction is that by 6 months she will be proficiently scooting or crawling around! To celebrate her birthday she and I went to Kitsilano Beach. Matthew left for a wedding out of town today, so Greta and I are on our own the next couple of days. We miss Matthew!! However, we had a good time at the beach. She was very vocal lying on the beach blanket, and spent a lot of time putting her bottom up in the air and scooting forward. I went crazy taking pictures today, but unfortunately didn't capture the beach very well. Trust me, it was beautiful there. Afterward Greta was very tired, so I carried her in the sling and walked us all the way home---over 40 blocks and up hill most of the way! I wanted her to get a good nap and I knew that if she stayed in the sling she would sleep, and then be pleasant for the rest of the day--it worked out. Back at home we read some stories, did some dancing and some chores, she played in her exer-saucer and sucked on her toes, and now she's cozily tucked away in bed for the night. She went to bed really easily. I only had to go in once to give her back her buckiwada (that's what we call her pacifier---my sister called her pacifier a buckiwada when she was a baby and we just had to revive it!) Whenever it's bedtime for Greta I'm relieved I get a break, but I do miss her a lot!
Greta is a very active baby. She loves her jolly jumper! Lately she has not only been spinning and bouncing around in it, but has also been doing BIG jumps and has quite the dance moves in it if we turn the right music on. She seems to be very in tune with music--I'm looking forward to taking her to music and dance classes when she gets a little older.
WOOHOO!!!
I mixed a little pear juice in with her rice cereal this morning. She ate it all up, but in the end was more interested in putting her bib in her mouth. When she finds something she wants in her mouth she works with determination to make it so!! Watch out for your fingers, she will SNATCH them from you if you don't pay attention!
She already wants to help feed herself!
Greta loves to touch our faces. It is one of my favorite things, and probably Matthew's too. Here is Greta sitting on Papa--playing with his face. She likes to smudge up his glasses :-)
What a little sweetie!
Last weekend we went to the pool down the street. Summer is almost over and we realized we needed to take advantage of its last few days. Matthew and I swished her around in the pool, and we had her stand in it and get splashed by the fountains--it was great fun. She's a little tentative in the water (and rightly so), but seems to enjoy it. I think I'll take her for her first swim lessons soon. I guess my mom took me to swim lessons when I was about 3 months old and I swam to her!
Baby Greta we love you so!

2 comments:

D.S. said...

Happy birthday Greta!! from Uncle Dalton and Aunt Jenny

melissa said...

five months! so old!