Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Showering

Now that I'm well into my second trimester I'm tolerating--maybe even enjoying--showers again. One of the sensitivities I had for the first several weeks of being pregnant was soap, lotion and perfume smells. They made me nauseous like nothing else!! Before becoming pregnant I bought a large Aveda shampoo and conditioner set...I can't bear to use the stuff anymore. In fact, I wanted to just throw it out! But Matthew likes it, unfortunately, so--even now--when he gets out of the shower I need to steer clear. The negative association I developed from that time frame has stayed with me--and even though I'm not quite so sensative anymore I had to buy new shower products. Alas. But I do finally almost enjoy showers again--as long as no Aveda bottles are opened!

One aspect of pregnancy that I fully enjoy, on the other hand, is the different kind of showering I get to experience. I consistently get showered with care and concern and gifts! I have been overwhelmed--mostly in a good way--with the attention of pregnancy :-) As some of you may know, I often don't do well with a lot of attention...but I'm trying to get used to this and just soak it up! It's such a special time I've got to enjoy every minute of it (maybe minus the trials and tribulations of the first trimester...) Recently on a trip to Arizona we were given a surprise baby shower by some very thoughtful family members. Bringing a new life into the world brings out such wonder, affection, and generosity in people! Our baby will certainly feel so loved when it finally arrives. Thank you all for your care and concern--and gifts!

2 comments:

melissa said...

ha...i'll take that aveda stuff off your hands, megan. you know, because i'm generous. :)

i'm looking forward to more baby showers in the near future!

Amy said...

I've been meaning to look at this for a while!

This is SO exciting!!!!!

Megan-I miss you a lot at YCA! Can you believe I'm still there? (Only part time...)

I hope you come visit so I can meet the little one when he/she comes...

(PS my new e-mail is awosser@gmail.com)