Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Taking Care

I am getting bigger--we'll get another photo on here soon (you have to understand we do not have internet access at home so we're a little slower you might want!) But trust me--I'm getting bigger. My closet is continuing to provide me with fewer and fewer options, and I can't wait to get some maternity clothes!
It's hard to remember to take extra care with so many things now that I'm pregnant. I have to get up more slowly, or else sometimes I get this terrible pain in my left side that's either caused by my intestines having less space to move that gas around or by my ovaries getting squished around. Don't worry, the doctor said it was normal--it seems many things that are usually NOT NORMAL are normal when pregnant. I do so much getting up and down at my work--and bending over to pick things up--this is going to get increasingly more cumbersome I am sure. And to think it's tough at this point! Also, I decided I need to take my socks off at work from now on. They have hardwood floors all around the house and yesterday I slipped and fell down a couple of the stairs! Yikes! That was startling and scary for me--but I landed on my ample side-rump area which cushioned much of the fall. However today I am quite sore. Oh--and it's hard to take care not to drink a beer! Despite what some books have said about pregnant women naturally NOT wanting alcohol--I want beer!
But enough complaining. That's something else I have to "take care" about. Especially when I think of bringing another person into this world! To pay attention to the great things--and not dwell so much on hindrances. I am enjoying being pregnant more and more every day. I have a little friend with me at all times :-) Matthew and I like to talk to the little baby--the little baby needs to get used to Matthew's teasing already so when it comes out it knows what to expect!

More to come and more pictures too--
To all of you reading this: We miss you!!

5 comments:

melissa said...

glad you're feeling ok, megan. i have a little care package to send to you guys this weekend, including that bib pattern i told you about. :) talk to you guys soon!

Unknown said...

mmm.gas. I had a great image of you slipping down the stairs! Be Careful!! Actually, I also sent you something in the mail -- you should be getting it soon hopefully!

Judy said...

Oh Meagan - be careful with that little baby inside you. Can't wait to see the bump grow. I don't have a package to send you but now I think I'm getting shamed into changing that.

Megan Cherie said...

send me packages!!!

Amy said...

Congratulations! It was great to see you on Saturday! It is so exciting that you guys will be parents this spring! I love blogs because they allow us long distance family members feel a part of all the excitement. We have a blog as well, so if you ever care to see Weber kid photos, just click here on my name. We will be in touch. Take care! Love,
Amy