Thursday, September 25, 2008

I'm Pretty Sure It's Not Just Gas

(It's Gus...or Greta...)
Sorry for the delay in staying on top of this blog thing. Matthew is actually insanely busy so I decided to take matters into my own hands.
On getting bigger....
Well now I've gotten to the point where I can't comfortably wear my jeans anymore without undoing the top button. I'm pretty much into wearing stretchy things--I'm thankful that leggings are in style at the moment! My mom has graciously offered to take me maternity clothes shopping in late October and I'm really looking forward to that. It's a bit weird gaining 7 pounds in 3 months (I just discovered that yesterday) and not actually looking "pregnant" but just like I've been eating way too much!!
On having a baby INSIDE my body...
Yes I know this is how we all got here and all that but I must say this is INCREDIBLY WEIRD!!! Now that I've passed the stage of feeling absolutely exhausted, rather nauseous, and wanting Thai food all the time (well maybe I'm not past that stage...I did request it last night as well...) I'm getting into it a bit more. Seeing the little thing inside me a couple weeks ago was so amazing! I wish we could've taken that ultrasound machine home with us! And we've now heard the heartbeat on three separate occasions. The little baby is quite a mover and shaker already--during the ultrasound we saw it kind of kick and jump around, and when we heard the heartbeat at two other times the doctor said "Oh--that's a kick!" When it comes time for me to actually feel those kicks I have a feeling I'm in for a lot of entertainment :-) (and discomfort?)
On having a spouse who's slowly but surely becoming a dad...
Matthew has been great! He's had to endure lots of moodiness and particular requests--and he's perservered. Yesterday at the doctor appointment he got to use the tool to hear the heartbeat! I guess he'll get to do that every time, which is so fun. Oh--and he took the initiative for us to purchase our first "baby thing": a cute little bib. He couldn't leave the store without it.
On going to the doctor more than usual...
This is ok. In fact--I think it's going to be really good. I'm in this pregnancy centering group at the hospital where a group of 6-8 women due around the same time as me meet with the doctor and nurse once a month all together. We do the routine tests on our own with our partners (urine test, weight, blood pressure and listening to the baby's heart) and then begin a session on some topic related to pregnancy. We will all get to know each other pretty well and not feel so strange and weird throughout this endeavor. Matthew and I went to our first meeting like this yesterday and it was so refreshing!!
Well that's all about Baby Bradsher for now. Stay tuned.

1 comment:

Judy said...

I love the bump! Eat all the Thai food you want & enjoy it.

Someone reminded me when I was pregnant that this is the one time a person gets to participate with God in creating a miracle.

So glad that you are doing well.