Monday, September 8, 2008

Firsts!

Being pregnant, or having a pregnant spouse, involves a lot of first time experiences. Two that I will mention here are recieving your first baby gift, and seeing an image of your child for the first time. Megan and I have now experienced both.



We had speculated that Megan's grandparents, Hope and Harry, would be the first to bestow baby gifts on us. They were the first, and maybe the only, people to give us an engagement gift, so we thought that might mean they would show up first for our baby. Surprisingly, my dad, Paul, came in first. A few days after taking our pregnancy test, we were meeting him down in Seattle and on his way he stopped to buy our baby a rattle and some little caps. By his account, he was all a-grin while making the purchase. To be fair, Hope and Harry did have gifts for us when we saw them a few days later. I think we are going to need a bigger apartment. The best gifts for baby right now are lots of prayers, warm thoughts, well wishes and the like.


Another first that we experienced lately was the chance to actually see the baby. This was not a detailed ultrasound (so the sex is yet to be discovered), but was simply to get a better idea of just how far along we are. The newest official due date is March 24th. I have included the ultrasound image, I think it looks like me.

9 comments:

melissa said...

i think it looks more like megan.

Judy said...

What's this 'it' language? This is my grandchild we are talking about! She/he is prefectly beautiful and anyone could see he/she looks like my side of the family.
Mom/Grandma

Jenny said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Megan Cherie said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Matthew said...

Megan and Jenny! You two settle down! Jenny, think about what you are writing before you post comments:)

Jenny said...

yeah, I guess it was offensive enough to delete. I apologize. Won't happen again. =)

Unknown said...

more pictures please!!

Judy said...

I'd like to see how the 'bump' is coming along - so yes - more pictures please!

Megan Cherie said...

yes I know we've slacked off on the blog. we have a picture ready to load but for some reason can't get it off the camera...stay tuned...