Thursday, August 4, 2011

Family Fun

Last weekend, after a week of being sick and lonely and stuck in the house, Nana Judy came for a visit! She took Greta on an outing for a treat, we all went out to dinner, Matthew and I had a mini-date and Greta got the much needed extra attention she so desperately needed! She even got to see Grandpa Hans a bit too :-) It was a really fun time.
The other day Therese had her first bath experience with Greta. Greta took one of her bath bowls and smiled as she dumped water all over Therese! Therese didn't make a fuss...but Greta sure fusses when WE rinse HER with that same tupperware full of water!
Last Sunday we went to Bellingham for somewhat of a family reunion. We met up with my Aunt Jerene and Uncle Steve, Uncle Dave, Grandpa Ronnie and Thelma, my sister, my cousins Mary and David, and my mom and Shayne. Here is my cousin Mary holding Therese.
Greta and Aunt Jenny.
My Uncle Dave got Greta this cute costume! When she opened it up she was immediately in love with the ice cream cone on it (with a cherry on top)! She says "I'm fancy. I'm in a costume!" and she LOVES to wear this outfit now!
Here Greta is sharing some of the Pooh stickers Nana Kaka gave her with her Great Grandpa Ronnie!
We were supposed to spend the day at a beautiful park in Bellingham, but it was really cold! We were all shivering and in jackets! So we went to Mary's apartment instead. But my Uncle Dave got many pictures with his fancy camera, and I'm hoping I can put some of them on the blog soon too...with all the cameras around I didn't take as many pictures as I would've liked.
Therese with her Great Grandpa Ronnie. Therese did a lot of giggling with Grandpa Ronnie's girlfriend Thelma--it was hilarious! Thelma bounced her around and Therese just giggled and giggled!
Nice look ha?
At home again...wearing the costume again...and reading to little sister. So sweet!
We are finally getting some summer weather around here! Today we went to the beach for the afternoon, and we even had a picnic dinner there. It was a really great afternoon.
After our picnic dinner we walked up the street a bit to get some gelato. It was super busy at Kitsilano Beach!
My little smiley girl!

This is the shot I'd been waiting for someone to capture! :-)
Therese is often "making eyes" at people, trying to get their attention so she can exchange a smile :-)
Eating gelato--yummy!
Greta chose the strawberry gelato and ate it in her swimming suit.



Finished! A few minutes later she did complain of a tummy ache...but it was short lived. I think the gelato was worth it :-)
Ready to go home, have a bath, and get cozy in bed to go to sleep! Today was a long, fun day in the sun.

1 comment:

Jenny said...

such a perfect summer day! I love it!