Saturday, November 20, 2010

Mama's Birthday

Warning: this post will have no pictures of Greta!
Last weekend was my birthday. I didn't want any presents, I just wanted an overnight in Seattle with freedom...so Nana Kaka took Greta for the night. She had her first overnight away from Mama and Papa! She did fine...in fact on Sunday when we met up with her again she was reluctant to leave Nana Kaka!

Matthew and I stayed at the Marqueen Hotel in Queen Anne--our old neighborhood--the same place we stayed after we got married nearly 7 years ago. Here I am near Pike's Place Market about to go into my favorite antique store in Seattle!

Enjoying the quiet luxury of a spacious and elegant hotel room. This place was nearly bigger than our apartment!!
In the hotel lobby, ready to go out for dinner. Smile, Matthew! :-)
Now there's a smile! We ate dinner at Via Tribunali on Queen Anne--our favorite pizza place in Seattle.
After dinner we met up with friends at the Sitting Room, near our old apartment. My good friend Natalie brought me cupcakes, and here's Jenny handing me one while everyone at the Sitting Room sings me "Happy Birthday"! How embarrassing...

Jenny and Dalton
Sisters! We look quite alike here...
Brothers-in-law!
My good friends Natalie and Christine from college...we lived together for a couple of years. Christine is due with her first baby any day, but she and her husband came to the party anyway :-)
I wish I had gotten more pictures of all the other special people who came: Melissa and Kristen, Sara, Josh and Crystal, and Natalie and Christine's husbands Ben and Greg...but alas, I was having too much fun to care about that at the time...! What a great trip we had--the best birthday in years!

No comments: