Thursday, January 28, 2010

Washington, Our Old Friend

Sorry it's been so long since I've last posted! To make up for it this post has tons of photos...

This past weekend we went down to Washington, after nearly 4 months of staying put in Vancouver. It was a great visit. My Grandma and Grandpa Mac moved to a beautiful retirement condo last year and it was high time we saw their new home. Unfortunately I left my camera in Vancouver, so Matthew took photos of Greta with her Great Grandparents using the video (no flash...) Even though she's visited with them a couple of times, Greta still had no photos with them until this visit!
So sweet how they're touching each other's faces!
Greta really enjoyed visiting with her Great Grandparents, and they loved showing her off to all the friends that live in their building. She even got to taste some of Great Grandma Mac's chocolate pie!
She doesn't quite know what to think about Great Grandpa Mac! :-)
We stayed overnight with my Dad and Linda. Since it wasn't raining I thought it would be nice for Greta to wander around in their big backyard. Here is her initial reaction to the wet ground!
Now she's getting into it! I kept running up to her and saying "Boo" and she was cracking up...
With Aunt Jenny.
While Matthew ran some errands and I took a little nap, Dad and Linda played with Greta. She had a great time!
I think this is the first Greta laugh that's been caught on photo! Thanks Linda! I could hear Greta laughing while I was upstairs dozing...it was great. Greta generally doesn't laugh that easily, but when she gets going it's so fun. She loves her panda!
Ha! Ha! Ha!
People have been commenting on how she has so many great faces...here's one of them! I love that crinkle nose face.
Playing with Grandpa Mac.
And below, Grandma Linda and Greta: the purple twins!


After a night with Dad and Linda we went north to Shoreline to stay with our dear friends Curtis, Julia and their sweet daughter Lillian. No pictures from that, though--since I didn't have my camera. Bummer. Also, we stopped by my good friend Natalie's new home in Greenwood and had a little visit with she and her husband Ben. I was reminded that Natalie is the one who gave Greta the book Good Night Moon, which is Greta's absolute favorite! Matthew and I have been a little homesick for Washington lately, and would love be able to see our friends and family there more easily.

Back in Vancouver the other day I took Greta out for a jog in the stroller and topped it off with a romp in the mud at the nearby park. If you look closely in the picture above you can see Greta's first 2 teeth! They both popped out this month. Now she's such a big girl and even has her teeth brushed! I think another tooth's coming soon, cause she's had a couple really hard nights recently.




A similar reaction to the last time she was plopped down in the soggy grass!
We need to get her an all-in-one rainsuit for this type of activity!
Playing with Papa today...look at that hair!
SO BIG!
And here's a video of Greta crawling and standing on her own. Since she'll be walking soon I wanted to catch a good video of her crawling because it's SO CUTE! From behind her little bottom kind of waddles back and forth, and she goes so fast sometimes!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

her hair is awesome!

melissa said...

heehee...she's a little sun devil in some of those pictures. funny!

Deanna said...

Hooray for loads of pictures! I can hardly believe how well she is standing!! Go Greta!! You're amazing! (Nora's nowhere near that confident. (I'm literally just hoping she will learn to walk in the next 6 months because she is supposed to be a flower girl in July! Yikes!)