Saturday, January 16, 2010

A Taste of Sunshine

This morning the sun was shining as we got ourselves ready to go to brunch at our friends Alex and Trisia's house. Greta is all ready for the outing!
The family I work with has one girl, Jett, who is now 6 years old, and 2 younger boys. They gave Greta a bunch of Jett's old clothes--we really hit the jackpot! Here she is in her new knit pants and pink hat---she looks so pretty in blue and pink, I must say.
Yesterday the sun finally came out after days and days of dark, dreary rain. I wanted to take Greta out for a walk--where she actually walks around with my help, rather than gets carried around in a carrier or stroller. Since the ground was still wet, though, I realized that might pose a problem...until I remembered the hand-me-down shoes another family had given us before Greta was born. I got those little shoes out and put them on her feet! She looked at me a little nervously as I did it, and I realized how crazy it was that this would be the FIRST time she'd ever worn real shoes! She was pretty intrigued with them...especially when she realized they light up!
We just went out front of our building and studied the trees.
This tree got moss on Greta's hands! Fortunately I was able to prevent her from putting it in her mouth.
So much fun!
Standing by the BIG tree on the side of our building. Thanks to Aunt Jenny for this sunshiny little coat :-)
After this outing it was time for Greta to have a nap, and time for me to head off to work for the afternoon. Matthew tried to put her down to sleep, but she was too excited...I think about having had so much fun outside! He said she kept trying to look out the window and was babbling happily on and on and on...he ended up giving up and they went back outside!

Below is a video Matthew took yesterday...more walking! (by the way, the dress you see me wearing in the end is a dress my mom made and sent to me that day, thanks mom!)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

so cute in her little cute! She looks so happy and excited about the world! Makes me smile. :)

Unknown said...

I mean in her little coat....