Saturday, November 7, 2009

Happy 7 Months, Greta!

In her birthday suit on her 7 month birthday! Ready for a bath.
On the morning of her birthday I decided I would take pictures of her throughout the day, and really document the day in detail and then do a blog post about it...well those intentions lasted until about 10:00am when I realized that would be WAY too much work for the time and energy I actually had. In summary, Greta's 7 month birthday was a good day! At about 4:ooam she woke up to nurse, and then first thing in the morning when it was actually acceptable to be up she played with Papa while he let me sleep in a little longer (thanks Matthew!) Then Papa went to school, so I got up and we played and read stories and ate breakfast. She had a fun bath and then a morning nap, we took the bus to Mom's Group at church where she played in the nursery with other children while the moms had an intellectual discussion about inner freedom (!), then we walked home and on the way she fell asleep in the stroller. Since she was asleep in the stroller and we live on the top floor of a building with no elevator, I decided to stop off at the library on the way home and let her keep resting. However, 5 minutes after I stopped pushing the stroller she woke up! So home we went. At home she had lunch and we played and played and played! Then she came with me to work, where she got to spend time with 3 other rowdy children--watching Mama tutor, observing and using new toys, and getting thoroughly overwhelmed (but enjoying it nonetheless). We got home in time for dinner without Papa, who was watching the World Series with some friends. I tried to keep her awake until he came home, but due to the recent time change she hasn't been able to stay up very late. So we did our bedtime routine: read a sweet dreams card, read a story, and sang a goodnight prayer before nursing to sleep. Whew! What a day :-)
Mmmmmm, squash and pears and cereal! A splendid birthday breakfast. It looks like she approved of it.
Last night before bed we spent lots of time playing with Greta on the floor. Sometimes we get her a little too riled up before bed--she's just so fun to play with! She climbs all over us...and as you can see, she also eats my nose. She sure is slobbery!
Wheeeee!!!
Such a little sweetie.
I think she's trying to go after Matthew's nose here...either that or his glasses. She LOVES Papa's glasses and is always trying to snatch them from him!
Another thing she always tries to snatch: the camera. She loves when we get the camera out, and it's almost like she knows what we're doing with it! Look, I'm right here, take my photo!
Here she is this morning. She had pulled herself up on me and then was reaching out for her crib, so I guided her to it and she hung out there standing for awhile, saying "Ha!" excitedly--so proud of herself!
Ready for an outing this morning. A 7 month old bundle of cuteness! Greta we love you so.

3 comments:

Jenny said...

Her coat is so cute!! Happy Birthday Greta!! I can't believe she is standing on her own (alright..with a little help from the crib). We miss you!

Judy said...

she is so precious! give her a big hug and a kiss from her grandma!

melissa said...

awww..the one of her all bundled up in her coat and hat is so sweet.