Sunday, June 21, 2009

Father's Day





Today is my first father's day. I am thrilled to be Greta's father. She is a very sweet and beautiful person, I am so proud of her. It seems incredible to me that I had any part in her being. She is an amazing person, and I am humbled by the privilege and responsibility of being her father.

I have noticed that whenever I have to leave for school or work, I inevitably start to think of her and miss her as soon as I have left. After a short time I start longing to be back home and be with her. I can't think of another time when I have grown to love someone so thoroughly and so fervently, in such a short time. She really is special.

I wish there were ways to express what it is like to love your child, because it is so good that everyone should know it.

Here are a few pictures we took just a few minutes ago. Notice the beautiful dress Greta is wearing: her Grandma Judy made it for her!

2 comments:

Judy said...

i love the new format! And the dress looks so sweet on her. Thanks for posting these & congrats on your first father's day. You are a great dad.

melissa said...

happy father's day, matty!