Sunday, April 12, 2009

A New Mama's Tired Reflection

I really didn't believe it was true. The prenatal classes and books said all you do the first few weeks of motherhood is feed your baby, change your baby, and try to get some sleep when you can. This has been my life for the past week--in addition to recovering from labor and delivery. By the time I hit the operating room last Saturday morning I thought...hmmm, maybe next time we'll adopt...but by the next day I decided it really wasn't so bad after all, and that I'd certainly do it all over again!! I am so thankful for the possibility of a cesarean birth, because without it one or both of us might not have survived. It was an amazing experience.
Well this blog entry is taking about all the energy reserves I have (or I am pretending to have...) so I better sign off. Happy Easter everyone!

1 comment:

Nathan and Mareesa said...

Happy resting Megan! You have a gorgeous baby girl, enjoy every little minute. At least you don't have to try and study, poor Matthew :(
I hope to come visit again soon,

Mareesa