Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Dates!

Over the weekend Judy came for a visit, and Matthew and I went out on TWO DATES!!! They were just what we needed.
Pink Martini is probably my all time favorite band...I just love them.  Here we are at the Orpheum downtown, waiting to see the second half of the show.  Matthew met me downtown after work, and we were all spiffed up together for a night on the town! We had drinks and food, then the show, then dessert and lots of walking around enjoying the warm summer night.
The necklace I'm wearing was Nanny's (my great grandmother's). Pretty fancy, ha?
On Saturday night we, just Matthew and I, went to the Richmond Night Market.  It is quite well known and we'd never been.  There was quite a lot going on there!  LOTS of amazing food for sure...and very representative of how "multicultural" this little part of the world is.
At the market there was this section with all these beautiful lit-up trees, and wishes people had left on them.



A view of the market...it really doesn't do it justice.  There were SO MANY PEOPLE THERE!!!  It was great to have these new experiences together, just the two of us.  So refreshing.  Thanks Judy! Now, who wants to help us out next? We'll need another date soon :-)

No comments: