Monday, February 20, 2012

Funny Girls

Our little train engineer.
Therese does love to get into Greta's trains, but more than that she loves balls. She says "Bbbbh", and is really good at rolling them back and forth with Matthew or I. This actually surprises me, I mean she seems a bit young to play so interactively doesn't she? I think she is really sociable, and this is just another way she expresses that. And she's really good at catching and rolling the ball!
We have some videos of Therese showing off her ball skills, as well as saying "Hush" from the book "Goodnight Moon" but alas, I am having trouble getting them onto the blog!
I should've taken a picture of her the other day after church...I had given her a cookie from church for the car ride home, and part way home she began to fuss a bit so I reached behind me to give her another piece of cookie. When we arrived home I saw that she had fallen asleep with mushed up cookie tightly enclosed in her little fist, chocolate all over her face, and cookie still in her mouth! I proceeded to clean her off, unbuckle her, carry her upstairs, put her to bed to nap some more, and even swiped inside her mouth to get any excess cookie out...and she didn't even wake up!!! I sure wish she'd sleep that well at night...Matthew and I have started taking turns getting up with her and she sure loves (needs?) to be lulled back to sleep with some milk or some cuddles still.
Greta--having a toilet training "celebration"! She is slowly coming around to using the toilet AGAIN, and once she earns 10 potty stickers on her sticker chart she gets to choose a celebration. This time she chose to wear a party hat and eat an ice cream cone :-) She knows how to have a good time!
So yesterday Greta said some really memorable things...actually, that is happening a lot more lately, and I'm trying to take the time to write them down more often because they can be HILARIOUS!!!

I asked her if it would be okay if Papa gave her a haircut and she responded with, "No, I don't want to be bald!"

At church she came up for communion with us. When the pastor gave her the bread and said "Take and eat this in remembrance that Christ did for you...etc" she boldly told him "I will!", and then at dinner she was feeding bread to Therese and she said, "Eat this, and remember me"!

She is such a character. Have I mentioned that she has chosen train characters for the rest of us to be? She is Henry the train, I am James, Matthew is Gordon, and Therese is Percy (these are trains from the stories about Thomas the Tank Engine). She actually calls us these names, often, and narrates what is going on around her while referring to herself as Henry "And Henry was walking down the stairs" and us as the other trains "As Henry walked down the stairs he saw James"... And she's very strange with her train toys and books. Sometimes when it's her playtime (quiet time in her room) she asks me to take her trains out of her rooms because "I don't want them to look at me!"

No comments: