Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Therese Hits Half a Year!

On Sunday Therese turned 6 months old! Here she is happily playing under the credenza. She did a little bit of official crawling today, but still prefers her army crawl for getting places efficiently.
Naked Baby! Such a happy girl!
I can't believe she is already 6 months. It goes too fast!!! Part of me wants her to just stay this way forever...to smile all the time, wiggle with delight when she sees me, giggle adorably, and be her chubby little smiley little self. I try to savor the sweet-baby moments as much as I can, and be grateful that she will always be my daughter even if she won't always be a baby :-)
Last weekend our big girl Greta stayed with Nana Kaka and Grandpa Shayne for 2 nights!!! She was excited, but nervous, beforehand. At one point after talking it over with Papa a few minutes prior to Nana Kaka's arrival at our meet-up place in Mt. Vernon, Greta said happily, "My tummy feels better now!" ...I guess she already gets a nervous stomach! There were no tears when she went with my mom, just excitement over what lay ahead. She was really anticipating going to the children's museum in Olympia, and she couldn't think of much else as soon as she saw my mom. They had a very busy weekend together: visiting the museum, shopping, going to the pumpkin patch, and eating lots of treats...basically getting thoroughly spoiled by her grandparents (as she should be!) She slept in a sleeping bag in a tent in my mom's office, which Greta deems as "her room" when she is there. I guess her first night there, after watching about 30 minutes of a movie, she resolutely announced "I'm going to my room"--she was ready for sleep! When we met up again in Mt. Vernon on Sunday Greta was a little reluctant to come home and face reality again! She had a great time.
Greta and Matthew look SO much alike here!
And here too! (although according to toddler pictures of me I think she might have my nose...one feature which we might share!)
Pretty girl!
This photo was taken at a park near our home. There were lots of fallen branches around and Greta loved trying to pick up the really big ones!
I love this picture!
And this one too...
While at the park we realized the scenery was really conducive to some beautiful family photo shots!


I love the way Therese is looking at Greta here.
And here too. She really watches her, and Greta continues to be very sweet and caring with her baby sister. If Therese ever gets bonked or upset or something (really, she doesn't fuss much at all!) Greta voluntarily does something to help her feel better, and says "I'm helping her feel better! She's not crying anymore!" Greta tends to be very empathetic.
Our little family of four.

1 comment:

melissa said...

aww, love the family pics!