Sunday, September 18, 2011

Starting Up

Last week Greta started her first two official "classes" at the community center down the street. Here she is on Monday at her first pottery class, looking very serious!
Thinking about her life...she looks a lot like Matthew here. She was totally fine for me to leave her there for the hour on the first day. I had been prepping her for these classes for awhile now, and recently she kept saying "I'm going to my class today!", so I think she was excited it was finally time.
On Thursday she had her first Kids Pace class, which is kind of like a short preschool class once a week. She's all ready with her backpack full of a change of clothes, water bottle and a snack!

Eating snack at class...for the first class or so the teacher wants each child's parent or nanny to stay around. It was fun to see her interact with the other children and the teachers. She can be a real "go-getter"! For example, on Monday when the pottery teacher started passing out clay Greta kept saying "I want some! I want some!"---all the other children quietly waited (or so it seemed to me...)! And in her Kids Pace class as soon as the teacher got scissors out for the children to use on their art projects Greta got right out of her seat to go get a pair...all the others just sat in their chairs and waited. So....."assertive", "go-getter"? Or maybe she just needs to work on patience? :-) At any rate, she is very engaged and enjoys the idea of going to "class"!
On Friday Therese celebrated her 5 month birthday!!


Therese is a real go-getter too...I think she'll be crawling soon. She scoots and rolls around all over the place to go after what she wants. Therese is also very vocal, more so than I remember Greta being. She talks and yells quite a bit! As always, she's often full of smiles and giggles too. She is such a sweet little chubba bubba, as we like to call her :-)

1 comment:

melissa said...

i love the pictures of greta at school! such a big girl now.