Thursday, September 30, 2010

The Haircut



Two or three weeks ago we decided it was time for Greta's first haircut. Here is Princess Greta with her shaggy mullet.
We took her to a place on Granville Island that specializes in "first haircuts". They had trains and cars to sit in, a cookie for her, and even a movie playing! It's a good thing too, because even with all of that she barely sat still! She didn't get scared, though--she was just excited!



Chomping down on her "cook" (her word for cookie) while being styled and pampered.
Post-haircut: chasing the geese at the park on Granville Island. Matthew then went to buy some wonderful ingredients at the market there for a ravioli dinner! Our "dates" lately consist of sometimes putting Greta to bed early on Saturday nights so that we can eat a luxurious meal in peace :-)
Just look at that cute girl!
What a fashionable haircut.
This is the camera smile she has developed :-)
Greta and mama hanging out together after my workday. Usually Greta has just woken up from nap and we get to have the afternoon to play together.
By the way, since the last time I posted on this blog I started a new job AND have been going through my first trimester of pregnancy! For those of you who don't yet know, we are having another baby in mid-April. I've been feeling pretty sick and tired the last few weeks and hope to be better soon! Greta knows all about the baby and often pats my stomach and says "baby" :-)
On a beautiful fall day at Queen Elizabeth park.

My sweets!

Getting all dirty in the mushy leaves!

4 comments:

Judy said...

love, love, love that girl!

melissa said...

cute pictures! greta's haircut is so stylish.

Jenny said...

so cute!! I wish I could hug through the computer screen.

Deanna said...

Hey! Congrats!! I had no idea you guys were on your way to #2! How exciting!