Thursday, March 11, 2010

Messy Greta Bessie!

Greta is becoming more toddler-like every day. She is really into taking things out and making a mess with them! For example, whenever I open her dresser to get some clothes out for her, she crawls or walks over ON A MISSION to get to the clothes before I close the drawer! She wants to take the clothes out one by one and throw them on the floor. Sometimes I let her.....
I just had to get a photo of her in this cute little outfit! On Saturday night we went to an event at Matthew's school: Taste of the World. Students at the school--from all over--brought in food representative of their countries. Greta had a blast there! There were so many children and balloons for her to play with.
This is a dress from Nana Judy. I remember Judy gave this to us before Greta was born. Since the dress is for a 12 month old, I washed it and put it away for "a long time from now"...or so I thought. I can hardly believe Greta is now big enough to wear it!
Greta LOVES books! If she had her way she'd meticulously remove each and every one of these books from the shelf, rip the pages, and eat the paper!! Naughty naughty naughty :-)
This morning she spent a lot of time with Papa, as I had to go to work. It looks like she's having fun with him!

Here's an update on my job situation: I got a job teaching Kindergarten at a Catholic elementary school here on the westside of Vancouver! It doesn't start until September, though. So, in the meantime I'm hoping to be an instructor of early childhood education courses at Vancouver Career College. This week I did a "trial week" of teaching for them, and I've been told it is likely they will need me more regularly starting at the end of the month. I've really enjoyed working there this week, and am really excited about it! I'm home by 2, so then I have the whole afternoon with Greta. She's done really well with this change so far. A couple days this week a very kind and gentle woman from our old church looked after her, and then Matthew looked after her the rest of the time I was gone.

I will leave you with this video of Greta and her balloon. She LOVES balloons!

5 comments:

melissa said...

she's so cute and sassy!

congratulations on the job, megan. i can't wait to see you guys in a few weeks.

Matthew said...

When she is with me, she seems to be interested in one book in particular: she always reaches for Friedrich Nietzche's "Birth of a Tragedy." It is a cheap, narrowly bound paperback edition, quite inconspicuous. I don't know why she always grabs that one.

Matthew said...

In fact, I just noticed that in the photo of her by the book shelf, she is standing right in front of where that book is on the shelf. She is probably reaching for it in that picture!

Judy said...

I love that she loves clothes and the sass! Oh my.

Nathan and Mareesa said...

Good news on the job front Megan! Sounds like a lot of fun :)

Hope it works out for you (and Greta).