Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Christmas Countdown

Ho Ho Ho!
Me and my favorite people.
Time for pictures with Mama :-)
On the move! Greta has gotten really fast with her crawling. She often goes after the little door stopper near the bathroom. I don't want her to mess with it because it's really hard, and if she were to climb up on the wall near it and then fall on it she could really hurt herself. When she goes near it I say "No, no, no" and offer her some other option--but just recently I've tested out what she will do if I don't move her, and she actually listens to my "No"!
Here we are on Matthew and I's 6 year anniversary. After church on Sunday it started snowing (last year it snowed on our anniversary too!) so I had someone take our photo out in the snow...unfortunately you can't really even see the snow...oh well. And we do look a little silly out there without our coats on! Brrrrr! I wanted to get our Christmas outfits, though. Greta is wearing a dress my Grandma made for me. She passed away 10 years ago, so this dress is really special and I was excited to have Greta wear it. It's funny, though, because I wore it as a 1 year old--Greta is only 8.5 months and it's practically too short for her already!
So far there aren't any presents under there, but soon there will be. I have a feeling Greta will get a lot of gifts this year! On Saturday we went to a luncheon for Matthew's internship program (which he was just formally accepted into tonight! yeah!!!) and there was a white elephant gift exchange--this was Greta's first experience with the whole concept of "opening presents". She was really interested, but every so often got scared at the loud oohs and aahs and boisterous laughing that accompanies such an event. Another thing she's scared of lately: Matthew's sneezes...he sneezes really loudly and she looks TERRIFIED when he does it!!! Poor thing! She has, however, conquered her fear of the vacuum. Now I can actually put her down when I vacuum, instead of hold her while I do it. She's growing up so much!
A few days ago Greta got up a little too early for my taste...so we spent some time in the dark living room looking at the tree. It cheered me up :-) Greta really enjoyed it too!
It's a little hard to see...but if you look closely you can see a Baby Greta silhouette looking up at the tree.

2 comments:

Judy said...

Thank you Megan - I love these updates and can hardly wait for the next. Our little Greta is growing up so fast! And she is such a beautiful little girl.

Deanna said...

Nora is terrified of Ben's sneezes too! It always cracks me up when she bursts into tears! The funny thing is, when SHE sneezes, she laughs!!