Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Greta Goes Gobbly Wobbly




















Just yesterday Matthew got out the hideous exer-saucer that was given to us by our friends Nathan and Mareesa--their son Daniel no longer uses it. This is one of those items I sort of thought I'd never own, mostly because they are so ugly and take up so much space. But now what' s good for baby is much more important than my taste in interior decorating! Greta loves this thing! We put her in it for the first time yesterday and she immediately had eyes for nothing else. She spent a good 15 minutes in it without a fuss--the only thing that got her a bit riled up was that the items on the exer-saucer are not available for her to pick up and put in her mouth (she tried!), so we gave her a couple mobile toys to get that mouthing craving satisfied while she continued to exer-sauce around.

All that exer-saucing led to some much anticipated rice cereal--her first solids--this morning. Matthew got out the video camera and recorded the momentous occassion, as well as snapped several photographs. My baby book says that usually babies are reluctant to try much solid food the first time it is offered to them-- but this was not the case with Greta! I fed her the cereal from my finger and she had me scraping the bowl at the end! She wasn't demanding about it--I just kept offering her more cereal and she kept taking it until it was all gone. Since she was going to take a nap afterwards I followed the cereal with a nursing session and she gobbled all that up too! (too bad it didn't induce the long nap I had hoped for...) She is growing up so much and becoming such a big baby! It is all very exciting, but sometimes makes me sad. Part of me just wants her to stay a baby forever...but of course most of me is so excited to watch her grow and know that I'll be her mom through it all. Thank goodness for Matthew. He knows just how I feel, and when I get a little emotional and teary about these things he's always there to hug and comfort me.

Greta is peacefully sleeping for the night now. I am looking forward to when she wakes up so that she can play in her exer-saucer again, and I can't wait to feed her more cereal :-)





3 comments:

Jenny said...

Yes, all over the face! Go Greta!

melissa said...

solid food already! i can't believe it. see you all tonight!

Nathan and Mareesa said...

Glad the exersaucer came in handy :)
Looks like a high chair might be the next purchase!